You'd think with all the sewing I've been doing over the last several months that I'd have no time for anything else. I haven't really had too much extra time, but in that space I've managed to do some canning of green beans and digging out of potatoes.
The beans I picked from both my garden and a new friend's. I'd forgotten how tedious and boring snapping beans could be. I managed to can 14 quarts of green beans, thanks to my new pressure canner I received last Christmas from the hubby, and dig out around 20 pounds of potatoes.
(purple viking potatoes are so tasty!)
It was a really weird gardening season this year. We had rain consistently, almost every 3 days on average, and unseasonably cool weather. The potato harvest was truly sub par as were several local farmers in the area. Even the tomatoes have been having a difficult time ripening.
Oh well. I have the majority of the garden cleaned up for the year and am going to attempt a Russian Kale this winter. We'll see how that goes!