Thursday, April 30, 2009

You Really Have To Look At It From ALL Angles




and ask yourself, what is it that I'm doing differently here than over there? I'm very excited for the success of Pinpinn, but at the same time I'm bothered by why Tumus is hardly moving. Maybe it's because I found a strange vibe with pincushions and clever designs. New and quirky does very well over on Etsy so Pinpinn really fits.

For a while I thought Tumus was the bee's knees really. It did very well over the Holidays and slow trickled out over the last few months. And trust me it's not from lack of exposure or bad photos. It's not from NOT having great products or excellent customer service. I think it might be that I am having a hard time finding that precious target market.
Pinpinn is pretty easy to market because pincushions are darn useful and Etsy is filled with crafters who need them! So I found a hole, a smaller market and I went and did my thing.
But the stuffed animals of Tumus are struggling to find their way into homes of curious children and adults obsessed with cuteness. I won't lie. It bums me out knowing so many of them are loved and yet they sit there staring back at me with bewildered eyes.
It's like their asking me, "why doesn't anyone care about us anymore? Do something!"

And frankly any time stuffed animals start talking to me it freaks me the heck out.

So for my sanity and the sake of the zoo I've created I need to figure it out, soon.

2 comments:

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

Don't get discouraged. I think you touched upon something with the practicality of the pincushions. In this particular economic state, I think most people are leaning towards the practical and while we still want cute, we're hoping to get both which your pincushions certainly deliver. Your stuffies are adorable and I'm certain they'll find the right homes in good time. Just perhaps not at the time you'd like them to.

If it makes you feel better, I've had a dramatic slow down in my shop as well. It isn't just you.

It could also be a seasonal thing, we're entering into nice weather and I think people are generally outside more instead of on the 'puter shopping. Hang in there, things will turn around.

Tumus said...

Thanks for the encouragement ^_^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...