Thursday, May 7, 2009

It's okay to let go, but

That doesn't mean it won't hurt. My brother Aaron is getting deployed to Iraq. His ceremony was last Saturday and it was sad and happy all at the same time. My dad is immensely proud of him, mom is worried sick and I, of course, don't want to see my oldest, youngest brother change from seeing death and real violence. But he has to go and we have to let him. Seems like this entire year has been filled with good-byes. He said he'll try and make it back for my wedding which would be a great honor, but I know how the military is and how deployment works. So all I can do is hope he'll be there.
He's in Mississippi right now doing the last of the prep work and he'll fly out the 1st of June if not sooner. I don't know if I'll get to see him one more time before he really leaves this country, but I'm going to make sure I'm there for him. I'll be praying for him every single day he's gone.

I'll miss you, be careful.





I grieve to leave, I grieve to leave this native land.
Across the sea, I'll wait for him to take my hand.
My every breath, my every bone.
Will draw what strength I have from home
and leave a tear
(leave a tear)
upon the rose.

1 comment:

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

I don't know what to say other than I'm sending hugs and happy vibes your way. ((((happy))))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...