Tuesday, January 12, 2010

In the Middle

This idea has been weighing heavily on my mind for a while now.
I've talked about it for a couple of months. The idea about taking Tumusto just a seasonal store. I can't seem to make consistent enough sales any other time of the year and lets face it, I run a business and sometimes you just have to cut the deadwood.

Taking Tumus to a seasonal shop namely a Christmas Dog Ornament shop would mean more time to focus on Pinpinn which has been very well received in it's first year.
I know all the "hearting" that goes on on Etsy is a way of just marking shops sometimes, but Tumus has been in business for almost 2 years exactly and has only 670 hearts to show for it. Pinpinn has been here for nearly a year and has 435. Pinpinn is seriously banking in the way of exposure right now. I'm almost convinced that Pinpinn can far surpass Tumus in the "off season". I've found that sought after niche and I stand out, I know I do and I don't toot my own horn very often. Though the sales have been about equal for both in their first year I think Pinpinn could hold it's own.

I'm not sure what's holding me back. I think it's because I'm very much attached to what I create and since Tumus was my first shop ever, I feel obligate to keep it around. Pinpinn has alot to show from my lessons learned and has benefited well from that. I went with a gut feeling, figured it out, researched better felt, put together spreadsheets, and generally got things more in line with Pinpinn.

Decisions, decisions.
Tumus won't be going away for good and that I'm sure of. I'd be heartbroken if the Bon Bons and Birdies never found homes, but that's the way things go sometimes.
Has anyone ever had to cut the ties on something they love?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...