Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Things We Do

This past Fall Chris and I decided that no matter what we'd complete our Renaissance Festival costumes in time to actually wear them out properly.

Ren Faire 2013

I did not make my bodice (the orange and tan vest) or my chemise, but I did make all of Fiona's costume! I had to modify it somewhat since most children's costume patterns for medieval dresses don't come in her size.  Hopefully when we go this coming Fall I'll have better luck and I'll start sooner!

Chris even made his costume, the whole thing, minus his shoes.  Yes, my husband sews! And he sews very well.

Ren Faire 2013

I worked at this RenFaire for about 6 years when I was in my early 20's and got fairly burnt out on the whole Renaissance novelty.  But now it's fun to go back every few years to make merry, especially now that we have Fi.

We also met King Arthur and Co.
These fellows have been coming to RenFaire dressed in their respective Monty Python characters for a very long time and it was fun to see them trudging about still.

Ren Faire 2013

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...